The University Inn & Conference Center began construction in 1980 and opened its doors on November 17, 1981 thanks to a grant from the W. K. Kellogg Foundation, a philanthropic organization established in 1930. The Foundation’s philanthropic interests included enabling adults to continue their education informally throughout their life. With this in mind, the Foundation provided funding to build seven Kellogg continuing education centers on university campuses throughout the United States, and Utah State University is fortunate to be one of these recipients.
The Kellogg funding made it possible to build three structures, the Eccles Conference Center, the University Inn, and the Parking Terrace in the central part of the USU campus. Together, the structures were identified as the Kellogg Life Span Learning Complex and were dedicated specifically to support USU’s continuing education programs. The complex provides groups and organizations year-round access to convenient conference facilities and lodging in a beautiful, educational environment. Now known as the University Inn & Conference Center, there are still no traditional USU classes taught in these buildings.
A major renovation of the University Inn & Conference Center has just been completed and we are now proud to present our updated, state of the art facilities featuring free wireless internet.